Sunday, June 17, 2012

Unconditional. Sacrificial. Patient. True.







Hi Daddy,

Have i ever told you that you're the most perfect dad, a daughter could ever wish for? Well, yes you are. I could not imagine life without your teachings, wisdom and trainings. You have taught me the value of hard work, perseverance and faith in God; and even if you have not taught me, your life is a living testimony to it all.
You've always been there for me, and you always give me the benefit of the doubt and I really appreciate that. As I've grown up I don't always agree with you and mom, but you always help me talk through it and you respect my thoughts.
I can honestly say that if I did not have a Dad as caring and loving as you are, one that understands and only wants the best for me, I wouldn't be who I am today.
Your care for me brings into sharp focus the love of Our Savior. Unconditional. Sacrificial. Patient. True. Serving. Consistent. Present. Your courage has brought me to raise my own heart up in praise before mankind. Your transparent confession of sin and weakness has inclined me to retreat into Christ’s righteousness at the sight of my own. I haven't just copied your faith, But i've sincerely found the Lord Jesus Christ as my own.
God is who makes us what we are, but He used your amazing fatherly aspects to make me so much of who I am, and that affects my whole life. I have heard it said that you are made up of the people you come in contact with. I know that is true because I caught your zest for life, your positive outlook, your passion for family, and your drive to do things and go for it.
Thank you, Daddy, for teaching me these things through how you live your life. I just want you to know that I think the world of you and love you so much.
I could go on and on, but I must stop some time. Dad, you have affected my life more than you will ever know. I praise God for you every day.
Happy fathers day!


Your adoring daughter,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment