Thursday, March 7, 2013

Perfect Timing

Sometimes, waiting on God is hard. Waiting in general is hard.. and at the very least, not the most fun thing ever.

In all honesty, I've been struggling with that "waiting" the last month or so. It's hard to share that, because let's face it - it's much easier to say it's always a breeze. To seem perfectly content. But that's just not real life. On this little space, I feel called to share my heart on the topic of waiting. Waiting on God's timing and following His plan for our lives - specifically in the area of relationships and matters of the heart. I believe that waiting on God, giving Him the "pen" to write your life (and love) story is a precious thing. He will not ever let us down! He is completely trustworthy. I believe that He has the absolute best plan for my life, and I gave my life and heart to Him a very long time ago and I have never, ever looked back. I feel prompted and moved to write my honest struggles today, even though it's hard to be real sometimes about what we face - but I pray that you who read this, whoever you are, may find encouragement as you walk on this path of waiting.

Sometimes, I struggle. Sometimes, I doubt Him. Honestly, I do.

Life can be lonely. It can be happy and fulfilling and really fun, but it can certainly be lonely. Sometimes, the security of a relationship and the thrill of over-the-moon love is what your heart desires.

There are seasons of emotion. Some days you are happy and embracing all the good and the learning, but some days are more difficult and loneliness colors the hours.

"Grant me serenity to accept things, the things I cannot change.
Grant me to courage, Lord, to change what I can - wisdom to know the difference.
In my weakness You can shine, in Your strength I can fly.
And You make everything, everything beautiful.
You make everything, everything new!
In it's time, in Your time - it's beautiful.
Grant me serenity, Lord, and patience for things will take time.
Grant me freedom to walk a new path and let me feel Your love.
In my weakness, You can shine. In Your strength, I can fly."
-Rebecca St. James

Precious. Friend, whatever you are waiting for. Maybe you're waiting for your heart to heal. Maybe you're waiting for your dream to come true. Or for direction for your life, for an open door. Or for a breakthrough. Remember - nothing really good comes easily. It takes work, prayer, sacrifice... and waiting. He makes everything beautiful in it's time. In His time.

"He has made everything beautiful in it's time."
-Ecclesiastes 3:11

Waiting has it's beauty.
And the culmination of that waiting, it's beautiful too.
So I smile and embrace my life, knowing it could change overnight and we don't know what the future holds, but we know WHO holds our future.
Because God is the One who opens doors and closes them.
And we can trust His timing.
I encourage you to embrace your waiting season, too. Whatever it is.
Because, we are never alone - because He is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment