Friday, May 31, 2013

The Grand Canyon



Never have I felt as simultaneously small and absolutely gigantic as I did standing here. I remember looking from one side of the canyon to the other, over and over again. Thinking about how vast the sky stretched, and how far i could gaze down and still not see the bottom of the canyon. I was overwhelmed. I just sat there at the edge of the cliff, i could feel the beauty in my veins.

While I was sitting there, I couldn't help but think of psalm 36, which reads: "Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep."

And suddenly the colorful rocks, the clouds, the sun, the seemingly endless cliff I was sitting on, and the parade of color in the sky became even more
Overwhelming.
Astounding.
Paralyzing. 
Vast. 

I looked at the sun and I saw God. 
I looked at the clouds and I saw God.
I looked at the rocks and I saw God.
I saw His love, His faithfulness, His righteousness, and His justice.
His almighty, awesome power shining through the sky onto everything below.

I felt tiny.
I felt huge.
I felt loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment