Thursday, March 1, 2012

God Truly is Good

Its funny how i say i believe in a God who is good but yet i am so utterly shocked when he chooses to speak and bless me more than i can ever imagine. The statement "God is good" can be so easily used in vein, especially when its tossed around so frequently with a lack of belief. Through the Grace of God im able to taste a little of his goodness. But what does it mean to enjoy God? I realized that to not enjoy God would be because of knowing who he is and to not enjoy him and find in him, infinite pleasures. Pleasures within pleasures forever.
Ultimately the root of all sin is the disbelief, ignorance, and even the incapability of grasping how magnificent, gracious, and wonderfully beautiful he is.
This God calls me BELOVED.
This God awakened my senses and is continually doing so through his presence.
This God chose me before the foundation of the world.
This God raised me to life.
This God is jealous for my heart.
This God gives me identity, value, worth, hope a future, an abundant life, restoration, and healing.
This God makes me shine like the stars.
This God loved me so much he bore my sin on the cross.
Because of Jesus i am INFINITELY FORGIVEN. I am welcomed into eternity with him. I am sanctified. Im called to a higher calling. I am a daughter. I am complete. I no longer have the attitude of i have to but i GET to, do things for him. I get to walk with him. I get to talk to him. I get to see what he sees. I get to do what he does. I get to be a part of his infinite and glorious plan. I get to speak for him. I get to be like him to others. I GET TO BE PERSECUTED FOR HIM.
Who gets to?!? ONLY THOSE THAT ARE INFINITELY BLESSED AND FAVORED BY THE MOST HIGH GOD! US!
How crazy is that?
It is NOT through my performance but on his infinite grace. He cannot love me less or love me more, because i am not saved by what i do in the first place.
God seriously, youre the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment