Friday, March 18, 2011

All that's been left behind

Today I realized that I've been so busy and preoccupied that I didn't Even realize how much I was leaving behind. The real me was fading and I was changing. I wasn't being me. I don't even know who I was being. I was so worried and concentrated on things that didn't matter that I Lost sight of the things I needed to be thinking about... Like God, and my friends, and my family. I've been so overwhelmed with school, and work, and such, that I let it consume me. I need to get back to who I was. I need to get back to the old me. The me that I really am. I kept thinking... "God brings peace, so why am i not at peace? I've been praying and asking you for help God, so why aren't you helping me out here?!"
but then I came across Hebrews 10:36 "you need to be patient, in order to do the will of God and receive what he promises." then I realized... I need to be patient and do what God wants, and then I'll receive what God promises... Which is peace. The world doesn't revolve around me, Im here for God. I just need a reminder of that every once in a while.

Xoxo,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment