Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Life? No, My Gift.

Tonight there was a concert at our church, and we all sang Once Again, by Matt Redman. 
I tried my best to hold myself together... but knowing i couldnt,  i headed out of the room, and went and just thought about the lyrics. This song was a great example of how id been feeling for a while now...
"Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice 
You became nothing
Poured out to death"
Jesus gave a huge sacrifice, he became nothing, he gave US his life. How we use HIS life is our choice now.
"Many times, I've wondered at your gift of life 
I'm in that place once again"
Why would he give us his life? he really loves us THAT much... No one will EVER love you more than he loves you. No guy, no friend, no parent. No one.
"And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life"
Im HUMBLED, that Jesus finds me that amazing. enough to give up his life... for ME. His mercy is amazing and  makes me want to show mercy to others. Once again, i thank him. Im here, to give him my life.
"Now You are exhalted to the highest place
King of the Heavens, where one day I'll bow
But for now, I'll marvel at Your saving grace
I'm full of praise once again
Oh I'm full of praise once again"
He's in heaven, we're one day ill be. Bowing to him. exalting him. happy, content, and overwhelmed by his goodness. For now, ill MARVEL... at his saving grace. praise him, share the good news, admire him, and give him all i have. Im full of praise and admiration. Im giving you everything Lord. Im giving you my heart, my soul, my mind, and my life.
"Thank you for the cross, my friend.
Thank you for the cross."
Its unexplainable how thankful i am to you. You saved me. You saved me... YOU saved me.

once again, i had let everything BUT God have all my focus and attention in my life. Ive been so busy and distracted that i just skipped my bedtime prayers, Bible reading, and youth group activities.
I was letting someone new into my life and just couldnt stop thinking about him. Then when i finally let loose of him for that reason... I almost immediately let someone new take his place. why couldnt i see how foolish i was? Instead of having God fill that gap in my life, i was letting just about any guy fill that gap. i know im not going to let them go completely, but God needs to be in that gap. and the guys can just kinda be a little tiny speck of dust in my life. Until i meet that one guy, then he can have my heart, but God will always have the most of me.

God knew that i needed to hear that song tonight, he knew that by me hearing that song... i would come back to him. I have a desire to learn about him again... to know everything i possibly can about him. To make him my man. My number one man. The man i always talk to about everything, and study with, and "hug"....

Ive realized that its not my life, its my gift. Now i could just let it sit in a closet and not touch it and let it waste away. Or i could use it and show thankfulness to the person who gave me that gift. I love the gift God has given me... life is an AMAZING gift. I know ive had these revelations before... but this one is different. It really really made me feel complete, and made me realize so much about my life. Ive spent so much time crying over things that really dont matter.. Im sick of that. Im so blessed. That time could have been spent in such different ways. Im using the rest of the time i have with this amazing gift to serve my father, counselor, lover, savior, and friend.

♥Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment