Monday, July 25, 2011

A letter from God

My Beloved Daughter,
I am so proud of you. Just thinking about you makes me sing (Zephaniah 3:17). You are the apple of my eye, my daughter in whom I have found great delight (Psalms 17:8, 149:4, Song of Solomon 4:10). Even in your struggles, you look to me. You have not broken your covenant of love with me, and I am so pleased with you. Though you do not see, you believe; though you do not always hear, you listen and obey. Yes, you are yet imperfect. Sometimes you fall down, but I love you in your struggles. Your weaknesses are beautiful, because it is from that place of repentance that you realize how much you need me (2 Corinthians 12:10, Song of Solomon 1:5). 
 
You are beautiful, my darling, unique, one of a kind (Song of Solomon 1:15, 6:9). How lovely are the works of my hands (Isaiah 64:8)! Who is there to say that my creation is not beautiful (Is 45:9)? I created your inmost being; I knit you together in your mother’s womb (Ps 139:13). See, before I established the foundations of the Earth, I knew you. Before I parted the oceans, I was waiting for you, peering through the lattices of time: Let me hear your voice! (Song of Solomon 8:13). Your voice is like the choicest perfume, like sweet honey to my lips (Song of Solomon 4:11). Do not be afraid (Isaiah 41:10). 
 
Dark are you, but lovely (Song of Solomon 1:5). I have chosen you among you companions, I called you by name, and you are mine (Psalm 45:7, Song of Solomon 2:16). Nothing can separate you from my love (Romans 8:38-39). I am here for YOU, every day, every moment. There is nothing I would not do for YOU, because I have already given you the greatest gift of all, my Son (John 3:16). Here I am, laying before you a banqueting table of my riches (Song of Solomon 2:4). Take, and be filled! Do not be satisfied with the mediocre life that the world has to offer (Song of Solomon 2:4). Only in me can you find the abundant life you are searching for (I Timothy 6:19, John 10:10). 
 
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know” (Jeremiah 33:3). Be still and listen. Turn off every distraction. In the secret place you shall find me (Psalm 91:1-2). In the temple of your spirit, I have built my resting place (1 Corinthians 6:19). Many search for me, but do not find me, because they fear the cost of my friendship (Luke 9:23). They do not know that true love is not measured on the scales of emotion, but of quiet devotion (John 14:15). So, draw near to me, and I will draw near to you (James 4:8). Even when you do not feel me, I am there. I will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). “For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV). Rejoice, then, rejoice! Give thanks to me and praise me name! (Psalm 100:4). For “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness” (Jeremiah 31:3, NIV). My love for you remains as steady as the rising sun (Psalm 103:17). It never changes, because you are my child, my creation, and I am well pleased with you (Hebrews 13:8).
 
Love,Your Heavenly Dad

1 comment: