Sunday, July 31, 2011

Today i really realized that maybe God's calling me to do more than just be the average teenager. Maybe instead of just having fun and being crazy, God wants me to be a servant for him... and highschool is definitely a good place to start. Even going to a christian school, theres places and people that need serving there... Even if thats just through my actions and attitude. I represent God's kingdom, I represent Christianity... all by being a Christian. And it makes me sad to see how many people forget that, including myself. When im frustrated or mad, and i say or do something mean, im representing Christ, and the church, in a way it isnt. And that just must break God's heart to see.

In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting people’s sins against them.  He entrusted the message of reconciliation to us. So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us.  We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God.”  2 Corinthians 5:18,19

God entrusted us with telling others about him
Are we taking this responsibility seriously?
I know i always thought "Well im not the best for this, other people are better with words, other people know more about the Bible than i do. And i mean, how do you NOT hear about Jesus? Its their own fault they arent christians."
When thats not how it works at all. 

Okay im getting kinda off subject... lets see if i can get back on subject here.

We're a holy nation, belonging to God. We've received mercy from God, but do we act like we received mercy? I want to represent God in everything i do. 

Lately ive had someone hurt me, and so many people have been saying mean things about them. They want to tell them a piece of their mind. They wanna show them what happens when they mess with me. But i tell them no. Thats not the way to handle this situation. I dont hate them, im not really even mad at them. I just am disappointed that i was taken advantage of, and that i saw someone deep inside this person, wanting out, and they just ignored that, and i never said anything. People keep saying i should be mad at him, but im not. Im at peace with all of this. I feel like God was almost telling me to write this blog post to try and make my friends more at peace with all this as well.
God wired me to be kind and compassionate. I care about people. Everyone has a heart, and everyone has emotions. But alot of people only care about how THEY feel and how their decision affects them and only them. I try my best to always represent God in the best way. I try my best to represent christ with my actions, words, thoughts, and deeds. I try to be kind to everyone, no matter what they've done to me. God's given me mercy, so i should show mercy to others, as an example of Christs love. I need to let Christs love show through who i am and the decisions i make. 

I do this because i love him, not so that i will, and honestly, im horrified of when i go to heaven, the first thing God saying to me is "Why didn't you fulfill the small tasks i asked of you on Earth? And now you DARE ask for a reward?"

Im a Daughter of the King. Im walking one step at a time to my destiny with the father. God leads, and i try my best to follow. She who kneels before God can stand before anyone and i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment