Sunday, February 26, 2012

We Are Dust.

Have you ever looked at yourself, and just thought- this is me? Looked at your body, seen your rib cage, and thought about the lungs behind it, then about your heart, and all the organs keeping you alive? and your brain just goes so deep into thought that you get lost in your own brain. looked at your hands and thought about every little crease? about how you shiver when you're cold? Have you just sat and pondered about life? Have you ever thought about how small you are on this huge earth? About how many people are thinking the exact same thing as you at the exact Same second? Wondered how many people are dying from starvation in a third world country while someone here is buying their 10th pair of miss me jeans? Thought about what that starving child thinks about us? Have you wondered who you'll become, and what's in store for you? Have you questioned if you'll live long enough to have a family of your own? Have you ever thought about how in a couple generations.. You could just be a name in a family tree? Or have you thought about how your legend could continue on? And have you thought about how that's your choice? Have you thought about how you started as dust and will return to dust?

Oftentimes ill have so much on my mind that i feel like my head is split into a million directions, and i cant seem to follow them all, so my brain just stops... Goes into lockdown mode. My thoughts tend to get overwhelming, and then that leaves me with this hopeless feeling... thinking that no matter how hard i try ill never be able to comprehend much of anything. Sometimes i feel like a hopeless cause.

And Sometimes I can't help but feel like a no name face in no where land. A speck of dust on a road map. Theres so many people in the world, and I often just see myself as a number. I can't help but see the hurt in the world and the death in young people and question God. I can't help but look at someone and think so deeply into who they may be, even passing someone on the highway, I'll often times be curious who they are and where they're headed. What's going on in their life and if I could help. Thinking about how every single person everywhere has a story.

I spend alot of time thinking. Thinking about this world and the people in it. And i guess those are good things to think about... But i also spend a lot of time counting time. I spend my weekdays counting down to the weekend. I spend my Daytimes counting Down to the night time. I spend my minutes counting down to a new hour. Actually, I spend all of my time counting time, wasting time, And I don't want to anymore. When I think about all that I could accomplish in the time I'm counting time, I could overcome almost all of my fears. If I stopped counting life, I could live it.. Trusting God with few fears.

We look around us and see horrible things. You turn on the news and hear such sad and disturbing things, and along with that it's easy to convince ourselves that there's no beauty left out there. But we have to continue to see the beauty through the chaos. Be soft, don't let the world make you hard. Don't let the pain make you hate. Don't let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still see it as a beautiful place.

Sometimes the only way to stay human is to remember... that we are dust.

Psalm 103: 14- 18
For he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. The life of mortals is like grass,  they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children—with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment