Thursday, April 5, 2012

Technology ruins lives.

I'm sitting in the library,
trying to work on an essay
but getting distracted by the guy sitting next to me. 
I'm pretty sure he's a pedophile. 
I'm sitting in a cushy armchair, 
munching on dry cereal and wishing I had headphones so I could listen to music. 
I'm sitting by a window, watching and contemplating God's sovereignty. 
I'm sitting near a guy and a girl who are in a relationship, 
a couple that has been there for an hour 
and barely spoken 10 words to each other.
They walked in together.
They found a pair of chairs.
They each pulled out their fancy shmancy smart phones 
and never looked back.
Do you s'pose they're in love? 
Do you s'pose they think they are?
I mean, I know I don't know them...
But...
That can't be what it's s'posed to look like.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for stopping by my blog, girl! i'm now following you :) happy to have found you - you have an awesome heart for God. Stay strong!

    XO
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology has been on my mind lately. I've been wondering if the benefits are outweighed by the drawbacks. It can be super time-consuming and can take away your love for the moment you're in. By the way, your giving up pinterest and facebook for lent is super inspiring to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it can be used in a good way, used to witness, used to keep up with friend, used to express yourself... Those are all good things, but its when its held to an extreme that youve got a problem. And now im seeing thats where i was. I actually considered giving my facebook up for good and just deleting it as soon as i get it back this Sunday.. But i came to the conclusion that as long as i kept control of myself it was totally alright to have something to waste time on and use to express myself... Just as long as i keep Jesus first:) Thanks! Its been good for me for sure. I dont miss any of it (Except i kinda miss the stalking;) Thank you for being a loyal reader! it means so much to me.

      Delete